31 New Schools from 11 Countries have Applied to Get on the Bulgarian Sunday School List for the Coming Year
Some 31 new schools from 11 countries have applied to be included in the list of Sunday Schools for the coming year, Director of Education for Bulgarians Abroad and School Network Directorate at the Ministry of Education and Science (MES), Natalia Mihalevska, told Focus Radio.
Currently, the Ministry of Education and Science supports 354 Bulgarian Sunday Schools around the world, Mihalevska said, specifying that these are about 35,000 pupils and children from the age of 4 to 12th school year. "The commitment that Minister of Education Krasimir Valchev made at the Malaga forum was to launch an electronic platform where teachers can share their educational products and experience so that they can teach not only on the territory of the country but also abroad. In terms of e-learning, the focus is on expanding the scope and improving the quality of education, but also enabling the Department for Language Teaching with Sofia St Kliment Ohridski University to certify,” said Natalia Mihalevska. She further said that two measures have been taken for the training of teachers – a module for Bulgarian language training for primary school teachers living abroad, and a programme related to the comprehensive training of teachers in different countries. Within the next two months, the new national programme for training of Bulgarians abroad will be launched. It will allow people without a degree in education to earn one, she explained. According to her, the number of Bulgarian teachers across the world is increasing and they are currently around 400.
- » Fifty Top Companies and over 10,000 Students will Participate in this Year's Careers UNWE 2019 Forum
- » 53,000 Bulgarian High School Seniors Go to State Exams at the End of May
- » Over BGN 13 million Additional Funding Approved for Bulgarian Teachers' Transport Costs
- » The Bulgarian Ministry of Education Does not Plan Compulsory Math Test for the State Exams
- » Maria Gabriel: Investing in Quality Education is at the Heart of Success
- » Bulgarian Students with Great Success in a NASA Space Colony Competition