800 Participants will Gather at Stara Zagora Masquerade Games on March 9
Some 800 participants from all over the country are expected at the 21st Festival of Masquerade Games in Stara Zagora on March 9, the Municipality said. The organisers expect the arrival of 19 companies, including six of children. Each company will present a custom typical of its hometown before a four-member jury. The games will start at 10.30 am after a procession in the ancient part of the city. For another year craftsmen from across the country will show the public their work, jewellery made of bone and stone, sweets, candies, painted silk, glass, knives, etc. At a folklore celebration at 4 pm, kukeri will perform customs, games and mythical dances from the area on the occasion of the Sirni zagovezni. There will also be a concert of the Municipal Folk Ensemble Zagore.
- » The Cyrillic Yard in Bulgaria
- » The Fabulous Gala Premiere of the Long Awaited Aladdin in Los Angeles
- » Kottarashky are the first Bulgarians to Enter the Selection of the Francofolies international Festival
- » Duncan Laurence Is The Big Winner Of This Year's Eurovision Song Contest
- » Bulgaria is Setting up a Permanent Fund for Cultural Cooperation in South East Europe
- » Sofia Celebrates the European Museum Night