800 Participants will Gather at Stara Zagora Masquerade Games on March 9
Some 800 participants from all over the country are expected at the 21st Festival of Masquerade Games in Stara Zagora on March 9, the Municipality said. The organisers expect the arrival of 19 companies, including six of children. Each company will present a custom typical of its hometown before a four-member jury. The games will start at 10.30 am after a procession in the ancient part of the city. For another year craftsmen from across the country will show the public their work, jewellery made of bone and stone, sweets, candies, painted silk, glass, knives, etc. At a folklore celebration at 4 pm, kukeri will perform customs, games and mythical dances from the area on the occasion of the Sirni zagovezni. There will also be a concert of the Municipal Folk Ensemble Zagore.
- » Bulgarian Pavilion at the Venice Biennale was Visited by over 17,200 People
- » "Night 2019" in Plovdiv Offers Many Cultural Events
- » The Bulgarian Premiere of SOMEONE FROM HOME Will Take Place on September 15 at the Kino Cabana
- » Milko Lazarov's "Aga" is the Bulgarian Proposal For an Oscar
- » Theodore Ushev's 'The Physics of Sorrow' Animation with a World Premiere in Toronto
- » Vezhdi Rashidov Opens an Exhibition in Plovdiv