800 Participants will Gather at Stara Zagora Masquerade Games on March 9
Some 800 participants from all over the country are expected at the 21st Festival of Masquerade Games in Stara Zagora on March 9, the Municipality said. The organisers expect the arrival of 19 companies, including six of children. Each company will present a custom typical of its hometown before a four-member jury. The games will start at 10.30 am after a procession in the ancient part of the city. For another year craftsmen from across the country will show the public their work, jewellery made of bone and stone, sweets, candies, painted silk, glass, knives, etc. At a folklore celebration at 4 pm, kukeri will perform customs, games and mythical dances from the area on the occasion of the Sirni zagovezni. There will also be a concert of the Municipal Folk Ensemble Zagore.
- » Bulgarian Movie Won the Best Picture Award at the Cottbus Film Festival in Germany
- » A Turkish Court Ruling Could Turn Saint Sofia into a Mosque
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the Day of the Bulgarian National Revival Leaders
- » A Monument of Pencho Slaveikov Was Opened in Milan
- » Exhibition Commemorating the 500th Anniversary of Leonardo da Vinci is Open in the Louvre
- » Georgi Gospodinov Won One of the Largest European Literature Awards