Bulgaria’s Varna Summer Music Festival Announces New Artistic Director
The Varna Summer Music Festival, in Bulgaria, has this week announced the appointment of Bulgarian-born Austrian violinist Mario Hossen as its new Artistic Director.
Receiving his musical education in Sofia, Vienna and Paris, with teachers including Michael Frischenschlager and Gerard Poulet, Mario currently serves as Artistic Director of the Camerata Orphica – and is a founding member of the International Music Academy Orpheus, in Vienna.
This year’s 93rd edition of the festival, set to run from the 23rd of June through to the 13th of September, will feature a large assortment of international artists – including violinists Benjamin Schmid, Juilian Rachlin and Augustin Dumay.
- » The Repair and Restoration of the Miniral Bath in Bankya Will Cost BGN 8 mln
- » Over 1300 Foreign Artists and Ballet Dancers Work in Bulgaria
- » European Awards For Cultural Heritage Await Nominations
- » Opportunity for Submitting Ideas for Bulgaria's Culture Strategy Ends in August
- » Decided: Bulgaria and Northern Macedonia Will Celebrate St. St. Cyril and Methodius Together
- » "Summer Cinema in the Park" in Plovdiv Begins