Bulgaria’s Varna Summer Music Festival Announces New Artistic Director
The Varna Summer Music Festival, in Bulgaria, has this week announced the appointment of Bulgarian-born Austrian violinist Mario Hossen as its new Artistic Director.
Receiving his musical education in Sofia, Vienna and Paris, with teachers including Michael Frischenschlager and Gerard Poulet, Mario currently serves as Artistic Director of the Camerata Orphica – and is a founding member of the International Music Academy Orpheus, in Vienna.
This year’s 93rd edition of the festival, set to run from the 23rd of June through to the 13th of September, will feature a large assortment of international artists – including violinists Benjamin Schmid, Juilian Rachlin and Augustin Dumay.
- » Antistatic International Festival for Contemporary Dance and Performance
- » On 17 and 18 May, Burgas will Host a Two-day Festival Dedicated to South Korean Culture
- » 70 Documentaries Will be Projected During This Year's Edition of Master of Art Festival
- » The Performance "A Simple Space" on Bulgarian Stage
- » Cultural Heritage tour Presented to Mark Sofia’s 140th Anniversary as Capital of Bulgaria
- » Exhibition of Works by Bulgarian Artists Opened at the University in Istanbul