Bulgaria Recognizes Azerbaijan as Main Driving Force Behind Southern Gas Corridor Implementation
Bulgaria recognizes Azerbaijan as the main driving force behind the implementation of the Southern Gas Corridor, Bulgarian ambassador to Azerbaijan Nikolay Yankov said, reports Trend.
Yankov made the remarks in Baku at the official reception on the occasion of the Liberation Day of Bulgaria on March 4, Trend reports.
“Azerbaijan and Bulgaria have been enjoying close and friendly relations, extremely active high-level dialogue and increasing bilateral cooperation in all spheres of mutual interest,” he said.
“Both countries are developing their ties in the spirit of strategic cooperation,” Yankov said.
“Bulgaria recognizes Azerbaijan as the main driving force behind the implementation of the Southern Gas Corridor which is essential for the diversification of the sources and routes for natural gas supply not only for our country but for Europe as a whole,” he said.
“Bulgaria has already signed a contract for the delivery of 1 billion cubic meters of gas per year from Shah Deniz 2 field as of 2020 representing about 30 percent of Bulgaria’s annual consumption and we are working on other opportunities for strengthening our relations in the energy sector,” Yankov added.
“Today Bulgaria is in the process of modernizing its national gas-pipe network and soon will have the capacity to transit gas from different sources including Azerbaijan to the Balkans and further into Western and Northern Europe,” he said.
“This would also bring undeniable benefits to Azerbaijan which would serve as an important factor for European energy security for many years to come and reap additional revenue to further develop its non-energy sector and bring more prosperity to its people,” Yankov said.
“Bulgaria is highly committed to continue working on further developing the bilateral cooperation with Azerbaijan for the benefit of our two countries and their people,” he said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus