Bulgaria Recognizes Azerbaijan as Main Driving Force Behind Southern Gas Corridor Implementation
Bulgaria recognizes Azerbaijan as the main driving force behind the implementation of the Southern Gas Corridor, Bulgarian ambassador to Azerbaijan Nikolay Yankov said, reports Trend.
Yankov made the remarks in Baku at the official reception on the occasion of the Liberation Day of Bulgaria on March 4, Trend reports.
“Azerbaijan and Bulgaria have been enjoying close and friendly relations, extremely active high-level dialogue and increasing bilateral cooperation in all spheres of mutual interest,” he said.
“Both countries are developing their ties in the spirit of strategic cooperation,” Yankov said.
“Bulgaria recognizes Azerbaijan as the main driving force behind the implementation of the Southern Gas Corridor which is essential for the diversification of the sources and routes for natural gas supply not only for our country but for Europe as a whole,” he said.
“Bulgaria has already signed a contract for the delivery of 1 billion cubic meters of gas per year from Shah Deniz 2 field as of 2020 representing about 30 percent of Bulgaria’s annual consumption and we are working on other opportunities for strengthening our relations in the energy sector,” Yankov added.
“Today Bulgaria is in the process of modernizing its national gas-pipe network and soon will have the capacity to transit gas from different sources including Azerbaijan to the Balkans and further into Western and Northern Europe,” he said.
“This would also bring undeniable benefits to Azerbaijan which would serve as an important factor for European energy security for many years to come and reap additional revenue to further develop its non-energy sector and bring more prosperity to its people,” Yankov said.
“Bulgaria is highly committed to continue working on further developing the bilateral cooperation with Azerbaijan for the benefit of our two countries and their people,” he said.
- » Rumen Radev: The Partnership between Bulgaria and Japan Provides the Opportunity for our Speeded-up Development as a Country of High Technologies and Science
- » PM Borissov to Take Part in the Extraordinary Meeting of the European Council
- » PM Borissov: Bulgaria has Consistently Supported NATO European and Euro-Atlantic Prospects
- » President Radev Discussed Bulgaria's Bid to Join the Euro Area with BNB Governor
- » MEPs Approve the Free Trade Deal between EU and Vietnam
- » PM Boyko Borissov: Bulgaria and US are Allies and Strategic Partners