Bulgaria Opens the Rail Market For Foreign Carriers
BDZ will invest BGN 71 mln this year to improve the service. According to the requirement of the European Union, Bulgaria opens its rail market for foreign carriers. Liberalization means that BDZ will compete with foreign private carriers, the Bulgarian National Television writes.
Fast, convenient and clean trains - this promises the liberalization of the rail passenger transport market in Bulgaria - a direct consequence of the adoption of the Fourth Railway Package at European level.
According to experts, however, BDZ can not compete with foreign carriers.
Due to the state of BDZ, Bulgaria will probably restrict liberalization until 2024 when the current Public Passenger Transport Contract expires between the Ministry of Transport and the Holding.
Between 23 and 27 million passengers a year are using BDZ.
- » Bulgaria to Take Over Rotating PABSEC Presidency
- » Bulgaria is Part of the 8 Countries Where a New Supercomputer will be Installed
- » Bulgarian Trade Unions and Employers Against Reduction of VAT on Flour and Medicines
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Adopted the Annual Report of the Council for Disaster Risk Reduction
- » 28 New Electric Cars BMW and Hyundai Will be Launched in Sofia
- » Sofia Municipality is Preparing a Program For Improvement of the Air by 2026 with EU Funds