512 000 Russian Tourists Visited Bulgaria in 2018
The tourist business in Bulgaria relies on bilateral political support from the highest level to attract Russian tourists to Bulgaria. Data from the Ministry of Tourism indicate that early registrations of Russian tourists this year have decreased by 25%.
Last year, 512,000 Russian tourists visited Bulgaria, placing them in sixth place among foreigners.
Every year we lose an average of 30,000 tourists from Russia.
Prof. Stoyan Marinov - Varna Tourism Chamber: The main reason is the strong competition of Turkey and Egypt. Russian tourists reorientated to these destinations because of the exceptionally profitable offers.
Another reason - the heavy visa procedures for Russian citizens.
- » You Can Rent a Room for $ 1 at a Japanese Hotel
- » Bulgaria and Egypt Will Share Experience in the Field of Tourism
- » China Has 843 Five-Star Hotels
- » What are the Most Common Items People Forget to Pack for Vacation?
- » Australian Airline Qantas Breaks a World Record with a Direct Flight from London to Sydney
- » 5 Reasons Tuscany Should be at the Top of Your Travel Bucket List