512 000 Russian Tourists Visited Bulgaria in 2018
The tourist business in Bulgaria relies on bilateral political support from the highest level to attract Russian tourists to Bulgaria. Data from the Ministry of Tourism indicate that early registrations of Russian tourists this year have decreased by 25%.
Last year, 512,000 Russian tourists visited Bulgaria, placing them in sixth place among foreigners.
Every year we lose an average of 30,000 tourists from Russia.
Prof. Stoyan Marinov - Varna Tourism Chamber: The main reason is the strong competition of Turkey and Egypt. Russian tourists reorientated to these destinations because of the exceptionally profitable offers.
Another reason - the heavy visa procedures for Russian citizens.
- » Can Bulgaria Build on Its Sunny Beach Success With British Holidaymakers?
- » The Bulgarian Ministry of Tourism and the CPC with Large Scale Inspections at Sea Resorts
- » There are Only Nine Camping Parks in Bulgaria According to Eurostat
- » The Most Visited Museums in the World
- » InterContinental Sofia – World Travel Awards Winner for 2019 – a Story of Success
- » The Total Revenues from Nights Spent in Bulgaria in April 2019 reached 51.7 million BGN