512 000 Russian Tourists Visited Bulgaria in 2018
The tourist business in Bulgaria relies on bilateral political support from the highest level to attract Russian tourists to Bulgaria. Data from the Ministry of Tourism indicate that early registrations of Russian tourists this year have decreased by 25%.
Last year, 512,000 Russian tourists visited Bulgaria, placing them in sixth place among foreigners.
Every year we lose an average of 30,000 tourists from Russia.
Prof. Stoyan Marinov - Varna Tourism Chamber: The main reason is the strong competition of Turkey and Egypt. Russian tourists reorientated to these destinations because of the exceptionally profitable offers.
Another reason - the heavy visa procedures for Russian citizens.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Chaos at Bulgaria – Greece Border as People Return from Easter Holidays
- » Real Estate Prices in Bulgaria Up by 30 Percent over Decade
- » No Road Toll for Serbians in North Macedonia this Summer
- » UK Tour Operators Offer Lucrative Testing Deals to Travellers
- » Italy Welcomes Foreign Tourists Again to Kick-Start Economy
- » Germany Lowered Risk Level for Bulgaria But Three Basic Requirements to Travelers Remain in Place