512 000 Russian Tourists Visited Bulgaria in 2018
The tourist business in Bulgaria relies on bilateral political support from the highest level to attract Russian tourists to Bulgaria. Data from the Ministry of Tourism indicate that early registrations of Russian tourists this year have decreased by 25%.
Last year, 512,000 Russian tourists visited Bulgaria, placing them in sixth place among foreigners.
Every year we lose an average of 30,000 tourists from Russia.
Prof. Stoyan Marinov - Varna Tourism Chamber: The main reason is the strong competition of Turkey and Egypt. Russian tourists reorientated to these destinations because of the exceptionally profitable offers.
Another reason - the heavy visa procedures for Russian citizens.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Entering Greece - Only After a Negative Test for COVID-19
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Zaharieva: We Should Not Allow Another Closure of EU Borders Again
- » Tourism Season 2020: Bulgaria's Tourism Minister Angelkova at a Meeting in Sunny Beach
- » 3000 COVID-19 Tests per Day at Kulata Border Checkpoint, Greece Launches Website for Questions
- » Finland Lifts Travel Restriction for 17 Countries, Bulgaria Is Not Among Them
- » Greece: All Travellers Entering the Kulata Border Checkpoint Will Be Tested for COVID-19