Goals and Messages From the Visit of Dmitry Medvedev in Sofia
The energy projects were expected to be a major topic between Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and his Russian counterpart, Dmitry Medvedev. Russia wants Bulgaria to get guarantees from the EC that the fate of the possible continuation of "Turkish Stream" will not be the same as for South Stream. The topic was discussed by the Chairman of the Sofia Security Forum Yordan Bozhilov and the political scientist Tatiana Bouruzhieva.
According to Tatiana Boutudzhieva, the arrival of gas is important, first for the Bulgarian citizens and secondly for the Bulgarian economy.
According to Yordan Bozhilov, Bulgarian-Russian relations can not be seen only in bilateral relations, because there are many factors that influence these relations. He said Bulgaria should look for its interest without losing its strategic direction - membership in the EU and NATO.
The EU's final stance on Turkey's flow is unclear. Bozhilov said the role of the Bulgarian government is to prove that the part of the Turkish flow that affects Bulgaria is in line with the EU's policies for diversification.
- » After the Security Council: Bulgaria Urges Turkey to Suspend Military Operation in Syria
- » The Security Council will Meet Today Due to the Situation in Syria
- » 40% of the Roads in Bulgaria are in Poor Condition
- » Rosen Plevneliev: Northern Macedonia MUST Be in the EU, Macron is Wrong
- » Bulgaria to Propose EU Assistance to Refugees in Jordan
- » PM Borissov: There is No Increased Migration Pressure on Bulgaria Due to the Situation in Syria