Goals and Messages From the Visit of Dmitry Medvedev in Sofia
The energy projects were expected to be a major topic between Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and his Russian counterpart, Dmitry Medvedev. Russia wants Bulgaria to get guarantees from the EC that the fate of the possible continuation of "Turkish Stream" will not be the same as for South Stream. The topic was discussed by the Chairman of the Sofia Security Forum Yordan Bozhilov and the political scientist Tatiana Bouruzhieva.
According to Tatiana Boutudzhieva, the arrival of gas is important, first for the Bulgarian citizens and secondly for the Bulgarian economy.
According to Yordan Bozhilov, Bulgarian-Russian relations can not be seen only in bilateral relations, because there are many factors that influence these relations. He said Bulgaria should look for its interest without losing its strategic direction - membership in the EU and NATO.
The EU's final stance on Turkey's flow is unclear. Bozhilov said the role of the Bulgarian government is to prove that the part of the Turkish flow that affects Bulgaria is in line with the EU's policies for diversification.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Assoc. Prof. Kunchev: The Epidemic in Bulgaria is still Far from Over
- » CEM with a New Chairman - Betina Zhoteva
- » PM Borissov: It is Most Important to Protect our Medical Professionals, They Will Receive Bonus Remuneration
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree