Protest in front of The National Assembly
Bulgarian "yellow vests" gathered in protest in front of the building of the National Assembly in Sofia, reported BGNES.
The demands of the protesters are to change the system, direct democracy and social justice.
Protesters insist on dropping the restrictions on the initiation of a General Assembly, which are now only allowed for settlements of up to 10,000 inhabitants.
Other requests include reducing the number of signatures to initiate a referendum of 50,000 people, dropping the quorum requirement, dropping restrictions on the subject of tax and budget policy consultations.
The protesters also insist on introducing the practice of direct citizen participation in the allocation of national and municipal budgets.
- » Bulgarian PM: With the Construction of HEMUS Motorway, the Country's GDP will Rise by at Least 10-20%
- » Bulgarian President Rumen Radev Met With Medical Specialists
- » 69% of the Gross Premium Income of the Non-Life Insurance in Bulgaria Comes From Motor Insurance
- » Bulgaria's Debt is BGN 24.4 Billion
- » PM Borisov: Bulgarian GDP will Rise by at least 10-20% with the Construction of Hemus Highway
- » Bulgarian State-owned Company Starts the Construction of a Section of "Hemus" Highway