Protest in front of The National Assembly
Bulgarian "yellow vests" gathered in protest in front of the building of the National Assembly in Sofia, reported BGNES.
The demands of the protesters are to change the system, direct democracy and social justice.
Protesters insist on dropping the restrictions on the initiation of a General Assembly, which are now only allowed for settlements of up to 10,000 inhabitants.
Other requests include reducing the number of signatures to initiate a referendum of 50,000 people, dropping the quorum requirement, dropping restrictions on the subject of tax and budget policy consultations.
The protesters also insist on introducing the practice of direct citizen participation in the allocation of national and municipal budgets.
- » Bulgaria to Take Over Rotating PABSEC Presidency
- » Bulgaria is Part of the 8 Countries Where a New Supercomputer will be Installed
- » Bulgarian Trade Unions and Employers Against Reduction of VAT on Flour and Medicines
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Adopted the Annual Report of the Council for Disaster Risk Reduction
- » 28 New Electric Cars BMW and Hyundai Will be Launched in Sofia
- » Sofia Municipality is Preparing a Program For Improvement of the Air by 2026 with EU Funds