Bulgarian Vice President Met with Bulgarians Working at Microsoft
About 100 Bulgarians work for the technology giant Microsoft at the headquarters of the company in the US.
Vice President Iliana Yotova is on a working visit to Seattle, where she met with representatives of the company's leadership and saw how glasses for virtual reality are working.
Technologies and secrets for billions of dollars. Seattle, the largest city in Washington, is preferred by the headquarters of huge companies. And 50,000 IT experts from around the world are working for Microsoft in Redmond.
The company specially appreciates Bulgarian specialists. Ivan Tashev started working here after a competition in 1997. He is now a partner and director of the Research and Development Center.
At a meeting with the vice president, Bulgarians working for the technology giant were interested in how our country would return the highly qualified staff.
The company introduced new technologies, including glasses for virtual reality.
Bill Gates and his friend Paul Allen set up the company in 1975. Then Bill Gates was only 19 years old. The plant moved to Redmond, not far from Seattle in 1986.
Now the value of the technology giant is estimated at 839 billion dollars. This is the most expensive information technology company in the world.
- » US President Donald Trump Will Receive PM Boyko Borissov at the White House on November 25, 2019
- » The Game of Envoys: Are the EU and the US Taking the Western Balkans more Seriously?
- » PM Borissov: Reconciliation and Regional Cooperation Are Key to European Integration of the Western Balkans
- » PM Borissov Arrived in Geneva for a Leadership Meeting
- » Luxembourg Will Do Everything it Can in Order for Bulgaria to Become a Member of the Schengen Area
- » Romania's Adina Valean Is the New EU Commissioner for Transport