President Radev: Bulgaria will Increase its Role as a Pillar of Security in the Black Sea Region
Bulgaria is strongly committed to continuing to increase its role as a pillar of security and stability in the Balkans and the Black Sea region, leading an open, constructive and prudent policy, and making efforts to develop modern defense capabilities that are fully in line with NATO's defense stance and restraint. This is what President Rumen Radev said at the beginning of the plenary talks after his meeting with "Dondukov" 2 with the NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, who is on a visit to Bulgaria.
Your visit is the year we mark 15 years of NATO membership, you know times are tough and challenging, so your visit is a good basis for continuing work to improve our defense capabilities, "Radev said.
This ambitious goal requires effort and commitment from each member country, work on our unity and solidarity, and naturally develop the right abilities, added the president.
- » Bulgaria Expels 95 Foreigners on Security Grounds in 2018
- » The EU Reports a 3-4% Rise in Defense Spending Over the Past Two Years
- » Germany's Intelligence Warns of 'Islamic State' Attacks
- » Moscow Warns of the Deployment of US Nuclear Weapons in Europe
- » Erik Rubin: Bulgaria will Get the most Advanced Aircraft at the best Possible Price
- » Over 1000 Military and 58 War Machines at the Parade on 6 May in Sofia