Nurses in Bulgaria Are Protesting
Nurses from all over the country go to a national protest demanding a decent pay for their work, reported the Bulgarian National Television.
They insist on a starting salary of two minimum wages and regulation of working hours. Many of the nurses are doing extra work, claiming they are not paid or working in several places.
According to collective agreement this year, their salaries had to be increased from BGN700 to BGN 900. But many hospitals can not afford it.
After a meeting yesterday, Health Minister Kiril Ananiev assured that nurses will receive an increase, which the government has allocated for municipal and district hospitals.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » President Radev Starts Consultations over Formation of New Cabinet in Bulgaria
- » Parliament Discusses Dismissal of Prosecutor General Ivan Geshev
- » There is Such a People is Starting Negotiations to Form a Government
- » Iva Miteva from ITN Еlected National Assembly President Оnce Мore
- » Bulgarian President Ready for Consultations and Handing Government-forming Mandate
- » President Radev Awards Madara Horseman Order 1st Degree to Ambassador of the Netherlands to Bulgaria