Nurses in Bulgaria Are Protesting
Nurses from all over the country go to a national protest demanding a decent pay for their work, reported the Bulgarian National Television.
They insist on a starting salary of two minimum wages and regulation of working hours. Many of the nurses are doing extra work, claiming they are not paid or working in several places.
According to collective agreement this year, their salaries had to be increased from BGN700 to BGN 900. But many hospitals can not afford it.
After a meeting yesterday, Health Minister Kiril Ananiev assured that nurses will receive an increase, which the government has allocated for municipal and district hospitals.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend