BGN 5.8 million Have Been Spent by the Bulgarian MFA on Projects Abroad
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs spent BGN 5.8 million on the financing of 67 development projects abroad. The biggest aid is for Serbia and Northern Macedonia, BGNES reported.
For comparison, BGN 4.96 million was spent in 2017, BGN 4.6 million in 2016, and BGN 3.5 million in 2015. "The figures undoubtedly testify to a successful increase in the use of these funds" , said the Minister of Foreign Affairs Ekaterina Zaharieva.
One of Bulgaria's most important foreign policy activities in recent years is development cooperation. It contributes to the enhancement of our country's reputation and visibility, especially in the strategically important regions of the Western Balkans and the Black Sea.
Priorities for 2019
In 2019, Bulgaria will finance 41 bilateral projects worth a total of BGN 3.1 million, targeting northern Macedonia, Albania, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo.
For the Eastern Partnership countries - Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia and Armenia - funds amounting to a total of BGN 1.4 million are foreseen.
In 2019 and 2020 Bulgaria will make a voluntary contribution of BGN 390,000 for the Economic Stability Initiative of the European Economic Bank. This initiative will increase the Bulgarian role in addressing the problems of migration flows in the Western Balkans, which was one of the priorities of the Bulgarian Presidency of the EU Council.
- » Prime Minister Borisov Met with the Greek Minister For Migration Policy
- » Russian President Vladimir Putin Will Visit Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria and Norway Will Work on Joint Projects in the Western Balkans
- » Boris Johnson Will Meet Jean-Claude Juncker Today
- » Presidents of Turkey, Russia and Iran Meet in Ankara
- » Bulgaria Charges NGO Official With Spying For Russia