Mayor of Sofia: 8 Metro Stations from the Third Line to be Ready by the End of the Year
We expect 8 metro stations, 8 km from the third underground line, to be ready by the end of the year, Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova told bTV.
"Today, the tunnel boring machine will complete its work, we expect this to happen by noon. That means that we are almost at the finish line, 88% of the first stage of the metro is ready. The machine has dug a 7 km two-way tunnel from Krasno selo to Little City Theatre Off The Channel,” she explained. "We expect 8 metro stations, 8 km from the third line, to be ready by the end of the year. The second stage, 4 km from Ovcha kupel, to the Gorna Banya Ring Road, should be ready by the middle of next year,” Fandakova said. She further said that the third underground line is a very complicated and difficult project but also the most important one for the city. “We are building very fast, we have built 30 km out of a total of 40 in 10 years, and now we are going to launch 12 km, which are being built separately,” said the mayor, adding that the municipality has planned 16 larger projects for this year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend