Bulgaria’s Constitutional Court Declares Provisions of Judicial System Act Unconstitutional
The Constitutional Court of Bulgaria has declared provisions of the Judicial System Act unconstitutional, said the President of the National Assembly, Tsveta Karayancheva, Focus News Agency reports. The repealed provision stipulated that judges should be removed from office if they were charged with a crime committed in the exercise of their judicial functions. The copy of the decision by the Constitutional Court dated 21 February 2019 was received at the National Assembly on 25 February 2019. The ruling was made on a request by the Supreme Court of Cassation, Karayancheva explained.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend