Bulgaria’s Constitutional Court Declares Provisions of Judicial System Act Unconstitutional
The Constitutional Court of Bulgaria has declared provisions of the Judicial System Act unconstitutional, said the President of the National Assembly, Tsveta Karayancheva, Focus News Agency reports. The repealed provision stipulated that judges should be removed from office if they were charged with a crime committed in the exercise of their judicial functions. The copy of the decision by the Constitutional Court dated 21 February 2019 was received at the National Assembly on 25 February 2019. The ruling was made on a request by the Supreme Court of Cassation, Karayancheva explained.
- » BGN 1000 Fine for an Aggressive Dog without a Muzzle in Bulgaria
- » EC Approves National Beekeeping Program for 2020-2022
- » Medvedev: Rosatom Will Participate in the Choice of Investor for Belene NPP
- » National Road Safety Coordination Center is Established
- » International Day Against Drug Abuse
- » Bulgaria’s Toll System Ready for Technical Testing as of August 16