NATO Secretary General Arrives on a Visit to Bulgaria
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg arrives on a visit to Sofia on Thursday evening at the invitation of Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, the government information service said. They will hold a working dinner to discuss co-operation in the security and defense and stability of the Western Balkans and the region.
The same topics will be in the focus of the talks between Borisov and Stoltenberg and on Friday when the two will hold a four-eye meeting in the building of the Council of Ministers.
An extended meeting will be held between the two delegations, which will include Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense Krasimir Karakachanov, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Ekaterina Zaharieva, Patrick Turner - Deputy Secretary General for Planning and Defense Policy and Lorenz Meyer-Minemann - First Deputy Director of the Cabinet of the Secretary-General.
Stoltenberg will arrive in Sofia from Kosice (Slovakia), where the presidents of Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary meet for the Bucharest B9 initiative. The event is part of NATO's 70th anniversary celebrations and the completion of the Alliance's accession process to the nine countries 15 years ago.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus
- » The Presidents of Bulgaria and Romania Rumen Radev and Klaus Iohannis Discussed the Efficient Supplies of Food and Raw Materials in the Conditions of Crisis
- » The Government has Approved a Program for Supporting Bulgarian Communities Abroad
- » Stoltenberg: Bulgaria has Received NATO support in the Fight against COVID-19