Bulgarian PM Talks with a Saudi Prince on Energy and Agriculture
Prime Minister Boyko Borissov held a telephone conversation with Prince Turki bin Mohammed bin Fahd bin Abdulaziz al Saud, an advisor to the Saudi Arabian Royal Court, reported the Bulgarian National Radio.
During the telephone conversation at the request of the Saudi Prince, the possibilities for building bilateral cooperation in a number of areas of mutual interest such as energy, agriculture, tourism, innovation and high technology, were discussed, the government's press service announced today.
Prime Minister Borisсov highlights the opportunities for investment in Bulgaria, among which is the project for the construction of the European gas hub "Balkan".
The Prime Minister has expressed the hope of creating a joint venture between the Bulgarian Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Forestry and the Saudi Arabia Investment and Farming Company. According to Borisсov, the joint venture will be able to support business contacts and negotiations between companies on both sides.
In his words, on the one hand, this will enable investment in the Bulgarian agriculture, livestock and processing industries and, on the other hand, in the interest of Saudi Arabia's food security.
Prince Turki bin Mohammed bin Fahd bin Abdulaziz al Saud was on a visit to Bulgaria in December last year. He then spoke with Prime Minister Boyko Borisсov to the Council of Ministers in pursuance of the agreements reached during the official visit of the Bulgarian Prime Minister to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia at the end of November 2017.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus
- » The Presidents of Bulgaria and Romania Rumen Radev and Klaus Iohannis Discussed the Efficient Supplies of Food and Raw Materials in the Conditions of Crisis
- » The Government has Approved a Program for Supporting Bulgarian Communities Abroad
- » Stoltenberg: Bulgaria has Received NATO support in the Fight against COVID-19