Housing Loans in Bulgaria Increase by 11% on Yearly Basis, Consumer Loans - with over 17%
Household loans are growing at a faster rate than deposits, the Bulgarian National Bank statistics show at the end of January.
Households hold a total of BGN 51.647 billion at the end of the first month of 2019, while the increase compared to the same period last year was 8.5%.
Household loans grew by 10.8% to BGN 21.882 billion. Residential loans amounted to BGN 10.565 billion, while the increase by 11.1% a year. Consumer loans amounted to BGN 9.142 billion and increased by 17.6% compared to January 2018.
Non-financial enterprises have a deposit of BGN 23.039 billion, and the increase compared to January 2018 is 6.2%. Their loans increased by 5.8% y / y to BGN 32.914 bn.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Minimum Wage Legislation Can Help Reform Social Policy amid Deepening Divide between East and West
- » Mobile Is the Most Popular Payment Method in Bulgaria
- » European Auditors Warn of High Fraud Risk Related to EU Recovery Fund
- » When Will Europe’s Lost Consumption Rebound - Analysis
- » Kristalina Georgieva: IMF Mulls Creating USD 650 Billion in Reserves
- » Wealth Gap in Bulgaria Widest in EU - Eurostat