Loans to Bulgaria's Non-Government Sector Grow by 8.5%
Loans to Bulgaria's non-government sector rose by an annual 8.5% to 57.7 billion levs ($33.5 billion/29.5 billion euro) at the end of January, the central bank, BNB, said on Monday, quoted by See News.
The loans at the end of the first month of this year were equal to 49.9% of Bulgaria's forecast gross domestic product in 2019, BNB said in a statement.
Loans to non-financial corporations amounted to 32.9 billion levs at the end of January, up by 5.8% year-on-year.
Loans to households rose by an annual 10.8% to 21.9 billion levs, while leans to non-financial corporations totalled 2.9 billion levs, up 24.7% on the year.
- » Household Deposits in Bulgaria are Rising
- » Business in the Euro Area with the Lowest Growth Since 2014
- » NSI: Household Income Grows By 7.3% in 2018
- » In February 2019, the Registered Unemployment Rate in Bulgaria Reached 6.2%
- » IMF Lifts Bulgaria's 2019 GDP Growth Forecast to 3.3%
- » Bulgarians Abroad have Sent Home More than BGN 4 Billion in 2018