Bulgaria and Northern Macedonia Now have a Single Leveling Network
General level lines now connect Bulgaria and the Republic of Northern Macedonia, reports the MRDPW.
They were implemented on a joint project of the Agency for Geodesy, Cartography and Cadastre and the Real Estate Cadastre Agency of the Republic of Northern Macedonia. The project was completed in less than a year as a result of the Memorandum of Cooperation on Basic Geodetic Activities, Real Estate Cartography and Cadastre, Geoinformatics and Spatial Data Infrastructure, signed in 2018 in Strumica.
The project provides for the connection of the two countries on 3 border links: Gyueshevo border checkpoint - Deve Bair; Stanki Lisichkovo border checkpoint - Delchevo; Zlatarevo border checkpoint - Novo Selo. Its implementation was reported at a bilateral meeting at the Agency for Geodesy, Cartography and Cadastre in Sofia. It was attended by Deputy Minister of Regional Development and Public Works Valentin Yovev, AGKK Executive Director Violeta Koritarova and the Chief Secretary of the Agency Eng. Vesela Todorova. Boris Tundzhev - Director of the Real Estate Cadastre Agency, Sasha Dimeski - State Councilor at ACNI, and Zlatko Sarbinoshki from the Faculty of Geodesy in Skopje participated in the Republic of Northern Macedonia.
The level grid is a set of points materialized by benchmarks on which measurements are made to determine altitudes. The data is used in geodesy, geodynamics, geophysics, oceanology, hydrology and other areas related to height definitions and directly related to investment projects. Levels of state level I and II level networks are included in the United European Level Network (UELN). The height system is a basic element of the Bulgarian Geodetic System 2005, which is remeasured periodically for a period of no more than 20-25 years.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus