Business Forum in the Framework of an Official Visit of the President of Bulgaria Rumen Radev to the Arab Republic of Egypt, 26-28 March 2019
In the period 26 - 28 March 2019, the President of the Republic of Bulgaria Mr. Rumen Radev will make an official visit to the Arab Republic of Egypt. During the visit he will be accompanied by representatives of the Bulgarian business and economy circles, and a two-sided business forum was agreed between the two countries.
The Arab Republic of Egypt occupies an important geostrategic position - it controls the Suez Canal, the most direct waterway between the Mediterranean and the Indian Ocean, and the Sinai Peninsula - the only land link between Africa and Asia. This makes it one of the most influential Arab countries, though it is not economically the most developed. Important sectors of the economy are the textile, food, construction, pharmaceutical and chemical industries and tourism.
The steady increase in bilateral trade over 12 times over the period 2007-2017, which at the end of 2017 reached nearly 1156.6 million US dollars. e., established Egypt as one of Bulgaria's major trading partners in the Middle East region and the whole of the African continent. Our country is making sustained efforts to further stimulate economic co-operation. A Joint Commission on Economic, Trade and Scientific and Technological Cooperation has been established between the two countries.
In connection with the forthcoming visit of the President of the Republic of Bulgaria, the Executive Agency for Promotion of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (BSMEPA) formed a business delegation from representatives of Bulgarian enterprises from the following sectors of the Bulgarian economy: ICT, energy, electronics and electrical engineering, wheat and cereals, food industry, agriculture, tobacco, tourism, real estate, construction, health, pharmacy, woodworking, furniture industry, machine building, metallurgy, automotive, oil and gas, defense industry, production of plastics, cosmetics, essential oil production, investments and more.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus