Bulgarian President Rumen Radev is on a Two-day Visit to Switzerland
Opportunities to promote trade and economic cooperation between Bulgaria and the Swiss Confederation, the partnership of the two countries in the field of education and science, cooperation in the field of defense and security will be among the topics that the Bulgarian head of state Rumen Radev will discuss within the framework of the two-day official visit to the Swiss Confederation at the invitation of Federal President Uli Maurer.
The Bulgarian head of state will be greeted with an official ceremony by his Swiss counterpart Uli Maurer at the Meiringen Air Force Base. The two presidents will lead the plenary talks between the official delegations of Bulgaria and Switzerland.
At the Meiringen Air Force Base, Rumen Radev and Uli Maurer will observe Alpha Scramble, a quick response to FA18 aircraft, in the event of a signal of a breach of the airspace of the country.
In the building of the Bulgarian Embassy in Bern, President Rumen Radev will talk to our compatriots who live and work in Switzerland. The tendency of the last four years shows a double increase in the number of Bulgarians settling in the long term in Switzerland.
According to data of our embassy towards the end of 2018, Bulgarian citizens residing in the country are about 12 000 people, and this statistic does not include Bulgarian citizens who have acquired Swiss citizenship, whose number is also tangible. The Bulgarian community is mainly concentrated in the cantons of Zurich, Geneva, Bern, Voie, Ticino, Aargau, Basel, Friborg and St. Gallen. Five Bulgarian schools operate in several cities.
During his official visit to the Swiss Confederation, the Bulgarian Head of State will be accompanied by his wife Desislava Radeva.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus