The First Storks that Landed in Bulgaria Remind us that Spring Coming
The first signs of spring are already here.
Since yesterday, in the Haskovo village of Podkrepa people enjoy the company a stork that landed on the nest at the local church.
"People in our village are believers, so here comes the first stork," explained Velichka Kireva.
"Every year, the first storks land on this nest, but this year they are very early," says Nella Kaneva.
But people believe this is good and the year will be fruitful. "We have not put the martenitsas yet, and the stork comes," they joked at Podkrepa. In the village last year and in the five nests came storks and had two offspring, the local say.
The stork, which had passed more than a month earlier in the spring, arrived in the Rhodopi town of Bratsigovo. The bird is perched in the nest on the bell tower of St. John the Baptist, which is one of the architectural masterpieces of the most famous building in Bratsigovo and the highest on the Balkan Peninsula - 35 meters.
Local people are already happy in spring, referring and sharing on social networks a photograph of the white bird shot by photographer Nikolay Shopov.
Probably the newcomer is male. Typically, they come first to view and prepare the nests, and a dozen days later come their partners.
- » New Type of Pollution: Plastic Waste Is Already Incrusting in the Rocks
- » Yellow Code for Intense Rainfall and Thunderstorms in 10 Districts in Bulgaria
- » Rain Showers Accompanied by Thunder, Code Yellow Warning Code For 5 Regions in the Country
- » Over 9,200 ha of Corn Completely Damaged by Hail in Central Bulgaria
- » The Problematic Places of Sofia, which Get Flooded after Heavy Rainfall
- » Europe is Threatened by Temperature Records