Strong Earthquake in Turkey was Felt in Plovdiv
An earthquake with an epicenter near the Turkish city of Canakkale was also felt in Plovdiv. The National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences stated that the earthquake was registered in the territory of Turkey at about 20.20.
The earthquake has a magnitude 4.8 on the Richter and a depth of 10 km. The European Seismological Center has also registered the quake but has reported a magnitude of 5.1 on the Richter scale.
The earthquake is felt in the western part of the country, southern Greece and Bulgaria. There is no evidence of injuries or material damage.
- » The Storm in Sofia Caused Heavy Damages
- » 7.3 Magnitude Earthquake Was Recorded in the Sea of Indonesia
- » Rain Showers and Thunder in Many Areas,
- » Sunny and Hot Sunday
- » 5.6 Magnitude Earthquake Registered in California
- » What Weather Should Bulgaria Expect this Summer - will there be Record Temperatures and Rainfall?