Strong Earthquake in Turkey was Felt in Plovdiv
An earthquake with an epicenter near the Turkish city of Canakkale was also felt in Plovdiv. The National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences stated that the earthquake was registered in the territory of Turkey at about 20.20.
The earthquake has a magnitude 4.8 on the Richter and a depth of 10 km. The European Seismological Center has also registered the quake but has reported a magnitude of 5.1 on the Richter scale.
The earthquake is felt in the western part of the country, southern Greece and Bulgaria. There is no evidence of injuries or material damage.
- » Clear Sky until Noon, some Clouds later Today in East Bulgaria, Highs Between 14-19°C
- » Cloudy Skies with Rain this Afternoon in some Regions of Bulgaria
- » Earthquake Measuring 4.9 Shakes France
- » The Astronomical Spring is Coming
- » Spring Cleaning Campaign in Sofia Begins
- » Sunshine until Noon, Rain Showers later on in some Places in South Bulgaria