Bulgarian Businessman Kiril Domuschiev Buys Nova Broadcasting Group
The chairman of the Confederation of Industrial Employers in Bulgaria (CEIBG) Kiril Domuschiev has won the Nova TV auction and the property in Net Info, topnovini.bg reported. The information was confirmed for money.bg by a source requesting anonymity. As it was clear, the biggest shareholder in Vivacom Spas Rusev was also interested in one of the two biggest Bulgarian television networks. The deal came a little over a month after the current owner, the Swedish MTG, refused to sell Nova TV to Czech Petr Kellner, who acquired Telenor's assets in Bulgaria and the region.
The refusal came after the Commission for Protection of Competition (CPC) decided not to allow Kellner to acquire television with motives that caused comments.
According to the regulator, "Nova Broadcasting Group" AD has a significant market share on the market of television broadcasts and between 40% and 50% of the value-based advertising market. The significant number of tools for mass communication that the whole group has at its disposal could give unfair advantage against other participants who provide similar media services said the decision of the CPC.
Kellner has no other media in Bulgaria, Nova Group did not sell parts of their business after the CPC decision, Telenor's owner appealed against the regulator's decision but the first hearing was scheduled for March 12th Petr Kellner was ready to pay € 185 million for MTG's assets in Bulgaria.
The amount that Kiril Domuschiev will pay is unknown but is too much in it is likely to be lower than 2008. The Swedish company paid € 620 million in 2008.\
In addition to the CEIBG President, Domuschiev owns the Ludogorets FC as well as the pharmaceutical "Huvepharma", "Biovet" and "Navigation" Bulgarian Maritime Navy ". The official announcement of the deal is expected soon and it has to be approved by the CPC.
- » Fitch Raised the Outlook for Bulgaria's Credit Rating
- » Almost 12 million Passengers Have Passed Through Bulgarian Airports in 2018
- » Canadian Velocity Minerals Became the Majority Owner of a Bulgarian Gold Extraction Project
- » Wizz Air - Best Low Cost Airlines For 2018 in the Central and Eastern Europe
- » Bulgarian Commission for Protection of Competition Allowed Businessman Domuschiev to Buy Nova Broadcasting Group
- » Bulgarian Companies Could Participate in the Construction of Infrastructure Projects in Saudi Arabia