Now You Can See What's the Weather on Mars
Starting Tuesday, NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory is posting the highs and lows online , along with wind speed and atmospheric pressure from the InSight lander, AP News reported.
On Sunday, InSight recorded a high of 2 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 17 Celsius) and a low of minus 138 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 95 Celsius). Compare that with Sunday’s coldest U.S. temperature: minus 27 degrees (minus 3 Celsius) in Taylor Park, Colorado.
Scientists need to know the local Mars weather to determine if InSight’s seismometer is registering real marsquakes or simply wind or pressure changes.
InSight landed near the Mars equator in November. NASA’s Curiosity rover also gives weather updates, while roaming around Mars about 340 miles (550 kilometers) away.
- » Trakia Highway May Be Flooded Soon due to a Cracked Dam
- » The Declared State of Emergency in Strelcha Has Been Canceled
- » Intense Traffic at 5 Border Checkpoints
- » On Saturday (June 29th), All Lifts in Pamporovo Will be Free of Charge
- » The Storm in Sofia Caused Heavy Damages
- » Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova Will Visit the Maritsa East 2 TPP