Bulgarian Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova Will Meet with Azerbaijan's Minister of Energy
Progress on the construction of the southern gas corridor for the transfer of Azeri gas to Europe will be discussed at a meeting in Baku, which will include Minister of Energy Temenujka Petkova, Econ.bg writes.
The fifth meeting of the Southern Corridor Advisory Council will also comment on the energy connectivity in the Southeast Europe region.
By this pipeline, Bulgaria is expected to receive about one billion cubic meters of Azeri gas per year, which is about one third of our consumption. It is envisaged that these quantities will be delivered through the future gas connection with Greece. In this way our country will diversify its routes and deliveries of blue fuel. With the gas on this pipe is expected to be fed the future gas distribution center "Balkan", which we intend to make near Varna.
Within the framework of the event, Temenujka Petkova is scheduled to meet with Azerbaijan Minister of Energy Parviz Shahbazov and with the co-chair of the bilateral commission for economic cooperation - the Minister of Agriculture Inam Kerimov.
- » 90 Days Term to Apply for Participation in Selection for Belene NPP Investor
- » PM Boyko Borisov: Gas Interconnector between Bulgaria and Greece to Play Key Role for the Region and Europe
- » Bulgaria is Officially Seeking for an Investor for Belene Nuclear Power Plant
- » Owners of Small Photovoltaic Plants in Bulgaria Threaten with Civil Disobedience
- » The Energy Efficiency Program Will be Restored From Next Year
- » Bulgaria to Continue to Rely on Energy from its Coal-fired Power Plants