Press Release issued by Ministry of External Affairs of the Republic of India on Pulwama Terrorist Attack in Jammu & Kashmir
India strongly condemns the cowardly terrorist attack on our security forces in Pulwama, Jammu & Kashmir.
The Government of India condemns in the strongest possible terms the cowardly terrorist attack on our brave security forces in Pulwama, Jammu & Kashmir (14 February 2019).
This heinous and despicable act has been perpetrated by Jaish-e-Mohammed, a Pakistan-based and supported terrorist organisation proscribed by the United Nations and other countries. This terror group is led by the international terrorist Masood Azhar, who has been given full freedom by Government of Pakistan to operate and expand his terror infrastructure in territories under the control of
Pakistan and to carry out attacks in India and elsewhere with impunity.
The Government of India is firmly and resolutely committed to take all necessary measures to safeguard national security. We are equally resolved to fight against the menace of terrorism. We demand that Pakistan stop supporting terrorists and terror groups operating from their territory and dismantle the infrastructure operated by terrorist outfits to launch attacks in other countries.
We strongly reiterate our appeal to all members of the international community to support the proposal to list terrorists, including JeM Chief Masood Azhar, as a designated terrorist under the 1267 Sanctions Committee of the UN Security Council and to ban terrorist organisations operating from territories controlled by Pakistan. We express our sincere condolences to the family members of our fearless security personnel who have made the supreme sacrifice.
February 14, 2019
- » Bulgaria and Japan Strengthen Cooperation in the Economy, Culture, Tourism and Development of the Western Balkans
- » Foreign Minister Zaharieva in Tokyo: Bulgaria and Japan are Deepening their Cooperation in a Number of Areas
- » The Working Visit of Ekaterina Zaharieva to Japan Began
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister is on a Working Visit to Japan
- » Belarus and Bulgaria to Share Information on Knowledge-based Developments
- » Diplomatic Scandal between Australia and Turkey