More than half of Bulgarians Approve the EU's Foreign Policy
Over half of Bulgarians - 60% - endorse the European Union's foreign policy and believe it has a stabilizing role. This is the results of the International Gallup International Association's "End of Year" International Survey conducted in 57 countries around the world.
The data from Bulgaria show strong approval for the international policy of the European Union - 60% vs. 16% are in the opposite position. US foreign policy has been assessed as positive by 29% of respondents, compared to 56% of respondents being against it. For Russia, the same indicator is 43% against 27%.
Almost the same share - 56% and 52% - of 52.4 respondents worldwide have a negative opinion on the role of the two military superpowers - the US and Russia, with only one in four believing their foreign policy has a stabilizing effect on international relations .
About two thirds of the Russians are convinced that their foreign policy has a stabilizing effect. But the percentage of American citizens with regard to US foreign policy is significantly lower - reflecting deep internal divisions in their society, the study found. Globally, the European Union is perceived as the most stabilizing force in the world. China's foreign policy is perceived negatively, but not to such an extent as that of the US and Russia.
- » Bulgarian Minister of Agriculture: 288 Guest Houses Funded with EU Money are Being Inspected
- » Wide Variation of Consumption Per Capita Across EU Member States
- » European Court Organizes Round Table on Effective Investigations into Killings and ill-treatment in Sofia, Bulgaria
- » Sofia Lost the Race for the Seat of the European Labor Authority
- » Today, It Will Become Clear Whether Sofia Will be the Seat of the European Labor Authority
- » Bulgarian Regional Ministry Imposed Sanctions for BGN 22.6 Million for Violations of EU Projects