More than half of Bulgarians Approve the EU's Foreign Policy
Over half of Bulgarians - 60% - endorse the European Union's foreign policy and believe it has a stabilizing role. This is the results of the International Gallup International Association's "End of Year" International Survey conducted in 57 countries around the world.
The data from Bulgaria show strong approval for the international policy of the European Union - 60% vs. 16% are in the opposite position. US foreign policy has been assessed as positive by 29% of respondents, compared to 56% of respondents being against it. For Russia, the same indicator is 43% against 27%.
Almost the same share - 56% and 52% - of 52.4 respondents worldwide have a negative opinion on the role of the two military superpowers - the US and Russia, with only one in four believing their foreign policy has a stabilizing effect on international relations .
About two thirds of the Russians are convinced that their foreign policy has a stabilizing effect. But the percentage of American citizens with regard to US foreign policy is significantly lower - reflecting deep internal divisions in their society, the study found. Globally, the European Union is perceived as the most stabilizing force in the world. China's foreign policy is perceived negatively, but not to such an extent as that of the US and Russia.
- » Brexit Without a Deal will Cost Bulgaria 111 Million Euros a Year
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov Discussed the Mobility Package with the President of the European Parliament
- » Maria Gabriel: Startups Will Shape the Future of Europe
- » The Mobility Package Еnters the European Parliament on Monday
- » Bulgarian PM Will Participate in the Regular Meeting of the European Council on 21 and 22 March
- » Most EU Citizens Believe that the Union Stands for Peace and Democratic Values