Bank Employee from Central Bulgaria Arrested for Embezzlement of nearly 400 000 Levs
A bank employee from Nova Zagora was arrested for embezzlement of nearly 400 000 leva of the customers' money. The exact amount of stolen funds is still being clarified. The offense has been committed for a long time so that the deviant amounts are not detected.
The case is being investigated by the police in Sliven. The Ministry of Interior announces that money and objects related to the crime were found in the searches. The arrested employee is 29 years old.
In recent weeks, she has been frequently absent from work, traveled abroad, and barely in touch for a week. On the day of the arrest she was summoned to the bank branch to be served with the order for disciplinary dismissal. She was then detained, Trud reports.
The investigation into the case began late last week after bank clients complained to the police.
- » Sofia Police Detain a Man who Forcibly Dragged a 15-year-old in his Car
- » Police in Boris Johnson's Home after a Scandal
- » Man Arrested for Hooliganism in the Sofia City Center
- » Border Police Officers Found 50 000 Smuggled Cigarettes
- » Special Prosecutor's Office and Police Investigating Crime Group in Northwestern Bulgaria
- » Life Imprisonment for Four Bulgarians and an Afghan in Hungary