Municipal Officials in Burgas Stopped the Sale of a Child
Burgas Municipality officials prevented the sale of a 14-year-old child abroad. The case unravels in the territorial directorate of Meden rudnik complex. There, a Roma family from the Akacia district took their daughter to get her a new birth certificate. They explained that the original document needed to certify parental rights and when traveling abroad was lost.
The behavior of the family seemed suspicious to the employees of the administrative service department. They used a moment when the child stayed only briefly to talk to her. And then the girl said she would be expelled abroad against her will.
The director of the Center for Administrative Services "Vazrazhdane" Magdalena Manolova directly signaled to the district police department. In her conversation with law enforcement officials, she explained the need to act quickly.
Patrol cars and investigative teams arrived in less than 10 minutes. All the time Manolova kept in touch with them. And while the Roma family is pushing the administration to act faster to get the document, municipal officials have done their best to delay the procedure.
Several people have been detained in the ensuing action. Pre-trial proceedings have been initiated in this case.
- » Former Greek Military Official Shot his Bulgarian Girlfriend and Killed Himself
- » Illegal Logging in Bulgaria is Estimated at BGN 150 Million Per Year
- » Bulgarian Police Shuts Down 2 illegal Cannabis Production Greenhouses
- » Mayor of Cherven Bryag was Detained for 24 Hours
- » Former Counter-intelligence Expert is Convinced the Terrorist from New Zealand had Contacts with Bulgarians
- » The Police Found Dead the Man who Killed his Wife in Botevgrad