Municipal Officials in Burgas Stopped the Sale of a Child
Burgas Municipality officials prevented the sale of a 14-year-old child abroad. The case unravels in the territorial directorate of Meden rudnik complex. There, a Roma family from the Akacia district took their daughter to get her a new birth certificate. They explained that the original document needed to certify parental rights and when traveling abroad was lost.
The behavior of the family seemed suspicious to the employees of the administrative service department. They used a moment when the child stayed only briefly to talk to her. And then the girl said she would be expelled abroad against her will.
The director of the Center for Administrative Services "Vazrazhdane" Magdalena Manolova directly signaled to the district police department. In her conversation with law enforcement officials, she explained the need to act quickly.
Patrol cars and investigative teams arrived in less than 10 minutes. All the time Manolova kept in touch with them. And while the Roma family is pushing the administration to act faster to get the document, municipal officials have done their best to delay the procedure.
Several people have been detained in the ensuing action. Pre-trial proceedings have been initiated in this case.
- » Sofia Police Detain a Man who Forcibly Dragged a 15-year-old in his Car
- » Police in Boris Johnson's Home after a Scandal
- » Man Arrested for Hooliganism in the Sofia City Center
- » Border Police Officers Found 50 000 Smuggled Cigarettes
- » Special Prosecutor's Office and Police Investigating Crime Group in Northwestern Bulgaria
- » Life Imprisonment for Four Bulgarians and an Afghan in Hungary