Karl Lagerfeld Has Died at Age 85
The iconic fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld is dead, French news site Pure People reported on Tuesday, quoted by the INDISEDER.
The German-born couturier and photographer reportedly died in hospital in Paris on Tuesday after being urgently admitted on Monday night. He was 85.
The cause of his death is not known.
Fashion news site WWD also confirmed the news on Tuesday, citing unnamed sources close to Lagerfeld. Neither Chanel nor Lagerfeld's social media channels mentioned Lagerfeld's health at time of publication.
His health came under speculation recently after he missed two Chanel fashion shows in Paris last month. Chanel told WWD in a statement that Lagerfeld had been "feeling tired," and an announcer at the show said: "We wish Mr. Lagerfeld to recover quickly," without providing details.
- » Former French President Jacques Chirac Has Died Aged 86
- » Max Wright, Who Played the Father in the 80s Cult Sitcom Alf, Dies
- » Bulgarian Football Legend Dies Aged 77
- » The Vocalist of Gravity Co, Yavor Zahariev Passed Away
- » The Legendary French Film Director Agnes Varda has Passed Away
- » The Prodigy Vocalist Keith Flint Died