Honda Officially Announced that the Company is Leaving Britain
The Japanese automotive giant Honda officially announced today its intention to close its factory in Swindon, UK in 2021, reported the Bulgarian National Television.
This means that 3,500 jobs are threatened. The European headquarters of the company remains in the UK.
The official explanation for the solution is that there is a need to improve the production model in the context of the challenges facing the automotive sector.
Last year, the company's only plant in the EU produced around 160,000 vehicles.
- » Cyber Insurance is Now Entering the Bulgarian Market
- » The Strike of the Ryanair Pilots is POSTPONED
- » BNB Optimistic about the Bulgaria’s Gross Domestic Product
- » Bulgarian is the BEST SPA Manager in the World
- » Experts Warn of a New Economic Crisis
- » USD337.26m Boost in Bulgarian Foreign Direct Investment