Honda Officially Announced that the Company is Leaving Britain
The Japanese automotive giant Honda officially announced today its intention to close its factory in Swindon, UK in 2021, reported the Bulgarian National Television.
This means that 3,500 jobs are threatened. The European headquarters of the company remains in the UK.
The official explanation for the solution is that there is a need to improve the production model in the context of the challenges facing the automotive sector.
Last year, the company's only plant in the EU produced around 160,000 vehicles.
- » Porsche Plans to Battle Tesla in the US Electric Car Market
- » Alibaba Raised a Record $ 11 Billion for its Listing in Hong Kong
- » Apple Is Building a $ 1 Billion Manufacturing Campus in Austin
- » Mariya Gabriel Was Elected First Vice-President of the European People's Party (EPP)
- » Croatia Will Negotiate with Merkel for Volkswagen Investments
- » The EU Passenger Car Market Grew by 8.7% in October 2019