Honda Officially Announced that the Company is Leaving Britain
The Japanese automotive giant Honda officially announced today its intention to close its factory in Swindon, UK in 2021, reported the Bulgarian National Television.
This means that 3,500 jobs are threatened. The European headquarters of the company remains in the UK.
The official explanation for the solution is that there is a need to improve the production model in the context of the challenges facing the automotive sector.
Last year, the company's only plant in the EU produced around 160,000 vehicles.
- » Predictions of a Decline in Tourists in Bulgarian Summer Resort Albena
- » Two Bulgarians who Won a Place in the Forbes Ranking for the most Successful Young Entrepreneurs
- » Property Prices in Sofia Fall at the End of the Year
- » Fitch Raised the Outlook for Bulgaria's Credit Rating
- » Almost 12 million Passengers Have Passed Through Bulgarian Airports in 2018
- » Canadian Velocity Minerals Became the Majority Owner of a Bulgarian Gold Extraction Project