Honda Officially Announced that the Company is Leaving Britain
The Japanese automotive giant Honda officially announced today its intention to close its factory in Swindon, UK in 2021, reported the Bulgarian National Television.
This means that 3,500 jobs are threatened. The European headquarters of the company remains in the UK.
The official explanation for the solution is that there is a need to improve the production model in the context of the challenges facing the automotive sector.
Last year, the company's only plant in the EU produced around 160,000 vehicles.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Sixth Day in a Row Protest in Bulgaria: Broken Windows and Injured Police Officers
- » Accident: Two Trains Collide Near Prague, Over 60 People Injured
- » BNB Has Approved an Extension of the Moratorium on Payments
- » Greece Can Still Test People on Borders Despite Declarations and Negative COVID-19 Tests
- » Fuel Crisis in Venezuela
- » Ryanair Flight Made an Emergency Landing After a Bomb Scare