Honda Officially Announced that the Company is Leaving Britain
The Japanese automotive giant Honda officially announced today its intention to close its factory in Swindon, UK in 2021, reported the Bulgarian National Television.
This means that 3,500 jobs are threatened. The European headquarters of the company remains in the UK.
The official explanation for the solution is that there is a need to improve the production model in the context of the challenges facing the automotive sector.
Last year, the company's only plant in the EU produced around 160,000 vehicles.
- » Investments Worth More Than BGN 200 million Were Made in the Automotive Industry in 2018
- » Bulgarian Economy Minister and Saudi Arabian Ministers Discussed Co-Operation Between the Two Countries
- » A New Third Candidate is Ready to Take Part in CEZ's Bulgarian Business Deal
- » Tourism Minister: The Summer for Bulgarian Tourism will Be Challenging
- » Sofia Airport Grows Passenger Traffic with 5.2% this February
- » Banks in Bulgaria have Earned BGN 1.43 Billion in 2018