Honda Officially Announced that the Company is Leaving Britain
The Japanese automotive giant Honda officially announced today its intention to close its factory in Swindon, UK in 2021, reported the Bulgarian National Television.
This means that 3,500 jobs are threatened. The European headquarters of the company remains in the UK.
The official explanation for the solution is that there is a need to improve the production model in the context of the challenges facing the automotive sector.
Last year, the company's only plant in the EU produced around 160,000 vehicles.
- » Bulgaria to Continue to Rely on Energy from its Coal-fired Power Plants
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister: We will be Uncompromising in the Control of Beach Areas
- » The First Successful Test For A 5G Mobile Phone Call Was Carried Out In Hungary
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister: Bulgaria as a Member of the EU Strictly Respects the Basic Objectives and Priorities in the Energy Sector
- » BDZ Discussed the 2020 Schedule
- » Fewer Russian And German Tourists Will Spend Their Summer Vacation In Bulgaria