The Carnival in Venice Began
Nearly two-week celebrations attract millions of tourists each year.
Among the participants could be seen suits of superheroes or cartoon characters, but also traditional Venetian costumes.
The carnival in the Italian city is also known for the special masks that the participants bring. It was first held in the 11th century in the period before the 40-day fast for Easter.
The two-day carnival traditionally attracts many tourists not only from Italy, but from all over the world.
Alessandra, a tourist from Verona: I'm here because it's unique. There are many places like Venice, there is even a replica in the United States, but the event here has a historical value.
Some say the carnival in Venice must be seen at least once in life.
- » Mild Earthquake near Blagoevgrad
- » Rain in Many Areas of Bulgaria, Highs between 12-17°C
- » Road Hauliers will Protest in Strasbourg if Mobility Package is Voted
- » NHIF: The Issuing of European Health Insurance Cards Will be Delayed
- » Gallup International: People Around the World Think National Interests Are More Important Than The Global
- » Significant Archaeological Discovery Found in Varna