The Carnival in Venice Began
Nearly two-week celebrations attract millions of tourists each year.
Among the participants could be seen suits of superheroes or cartoon characters, but also traditional Venetian costumes.
The carnival in the Italian city is also known for the special masks that the participants bring. It was first held in the 11th century in the period before the 40-day fast for Easter.
The two-day carnival traditionally attracts many tourists not only from Italy, but from all over the world.
Alessandra, a tourist from Verona: I'm here because it's unique. There are many places like Venice, there is even a replica in the United States, but the event here has a historical value.
Some say the carnival in Venice must be seen at least once in life.
- » The Administrative Court Will Meet Today On The Air Clean-Up Case In Sofia
- » Sunny Weather Today
- » Bomb Alert Closed the Palace of Justice In Sofia
- » A Truck Burned On The Trakia Highway
- » The Registry Agency Will Automatically Notify Changes To The Property Register
- » Duncan Laurence Is The Big Winner Of This Year's Eurovision Song Contest