Actor Bruno Ganz Died at the Age of 77
Swiss actor Bruno Ganz died at his home in Zurich after fighting cancer, his agent quoted Reuters as saying.
Ganz has been active in German-language theater, cinema and television for more than 50 years. Among his popular roles are the angel in Wim Wenders' Wings of Desire and Hitler in the 2004 Oscar-nominated "The Fall of the Third Reich".
At the Berlinale's closing ceremony, he was honored with the words: "We remember someone who could not be here tonight: Bruno Ganz, in the sky over Berlin," said lead Anke Engelke, then the audience stood up .
- » Max Wright, Who Played the Father in the 80s Cult Sitcom Alf, Dies
- » Bulgarian Football Legend Dies Aged 77
- » The Vocalist of Gravity Co, Yavor Zahariev Passed Away
- » The Legendary French Film Director Agnes Varda has Passed Away
- » The Prodigy Vocalist Keith Flint Died
- » Karl Lagerfeld Has Died at Age 85