Protesting Residents of Gorublyane Blocked Tsarigradsko Shose in Sofia
Residents of the Gorublyane quarter of Sofia went on a protest on Sunday and blocked Tsarigradsko shose boulevard in both directions of the exit for Plovdiv, BNR reported.
Among the reasons for the dissatisfaction is the discrimination, according to the protesters, of the low-rise neighborhoods to the residential complexes, as well as the lack of enough playgrounds, sewerage, sidewalks, bicycles, public transport.
People also want to be compensated for their properties in the Mladost area, where the municipality plans to build a park.
"The lands that have been blocked for 23 years and we are paying taxes are set for green areas and we can not use them," one of the protesters said.
The protest caused a serious traffic jam on Tsarigradsko shose.
- » Two Men have Died in a Pig Farm in Northeastern Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Education Ministry Considers Free Education for Certain University Majors
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov: Increasing Number of Successful, Knowledgeable and Capable People are Starting to Return to Bulgaria
- » Saharan Dust In The Air
- » Only Half of Asthmatics in Bulgaria are Diagnosed According to an Allergist
- » Today Is The Tax Freedom Day, From Now On Bulgarians Will Work Only For Themselves