Protesting Residents of Gorublyane Blocked Tsarigradsko Shose in Sofia
Residents of the Gorublyane quarter of Sofia went on a protest on Sunday and blocked Tsarigradsko shose boulevard in both directions of the exit for Plovdiv, BNR reported.
Among the reasons for the dissatisfaction is the discrimination, according to the protesters, of the low-rise neighborhoods to the residential complexes, as well as the lack of enough playgrounds, sewerage, sidewalks, bicycles, public transport.
People also want to be compensated for their properties in the Mladost area, where the municipality plans to build a park.
"The lands that have been blocked for 23 years and we are paying taxes are set for green areas and we can not use them," one of the protesters said.
The protest caused a serious traffic jam on Tsarigradsko shose.
- » Bulgaria in the Top 10 of Countries with Nationalistic Sentiment
- » Mostly Sunshine Today in Bulgaria with Highs between 20-25°C
- » In recent Years, Dozens of Fish Species have Disappeared from the Black Sea
- » Today is World Tuberculosis Day
- » Orangutan in a suitcase: Tourist tried to steal a primate from Bali
- » In the Last Week of March There will be Cold Days