Bulgarian PM Borisov Spoke with Theresa May over the Phone
Prime Minister Boyko Borisov held a telephone conversation with British counterpart Teresa May, the government's press service announced.
During a conversation at the request of the British Prime Minister, May has called for support for more flexibility on the part of all in the European Union when negotiating the border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, and reaching an agreement for Brexit until March 29.
Prime Minister Borisov has assured Theresa May in his support for an agreement that will ensure that good relations between the UK, the EU and the 27 Member States are maintained. The Bulgarian Prime Minister has highlighted the three guidelines in which it is extremely important to reach an agreement not only for the EU but also for our country in particular.
First of all, Borisov has highlighted the security and the maintenance of the high levels of cooperation in this area and the tools available, giving the UK the exclusivity. Bulgaria has always had the highest level of cooperation and very successful joint action with its British counterparts and within Europol, and will keep it this way after Brexit, the Bulgarian prime minister was categorical.
The second important point, according to Prime Minister Borisov, concerns the status of EU citizens in the United Kingdom and British citizens in the EU. Borisov noted that this issue is of great importance for Bulgaria, given the large number of Bulgarians in the United Kingdom and British citizens in Bulgaria.
Last but not least, Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has pointed out that the issue of the border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland is important to prevent tensions and disturbances of peace.
During the conversation, British Prime Minister Theresa May thanked Prime Minister Borisov for the timely referral of the British authorities to the Gebrev case and for involving a British team in the investigation.
- » Bulgaria and Northern Macedonia Will Cooperate Against Human Trafficking
- » EU Ministers of Internal and Foreign Affairs Attend Meeting on Migration in Paris
- » Zoran Zaev: Bulgaria is Our Strategic Partner and one of the Largest Friends of the Republic of Northern Macedonia
- » The Berlin Process in Sofia will be a Mini-presidency Focusing only on Western Balkans
- » Minister Marinov: The Development of Cross-Border Cooperation is an Important Factor in Guaranteeing the Security of European Citizens
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva Opened the Traditional Ambassador Conference in Sofia