The President of the Macedonian Parliament Comes to Bulgaria to Vote on the Protocol
Macedonian Parliament Speaker Talat Xhaferi will attend the vote in the Bulgarian National Assembly on his country's NATO Accession Protocol, reported the Bulgarian National Television.
On 15 February, the Parliamentary Defense Committee approved the Protocol. Voting is expected to take place on Wednesday - 20 February.
"27 years ago, Bulgaria unconditionally acknowledged Macedonia, under its constitutional name and as an independent state, and Bulgaria and Turkey and Russia have also recognized its independence, and we are most responsible for stating that Northern Macedonia can count on our full support and assistance for its full accession to NATO, " said the Chairman of the Defense Committee, Konstantin Popov after ratification by the Defense Commission for the accession of northern Macedonia to NATO.
Macedonia's membership in the North Atlantic pact has been made possible by resolving the dispute over the name of the country and the final ratification of the Prespa Treaty by Greece.
Northern Macedonia became the 30th member of the Pact.
- » Foreign Minister Zaharieva in Tokyo: Bulgaria and Japan are Deepening their Cooperation in a Number of Areas
- » The Working Visit of Ekaterina Zaharieva to Japan Began
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister is on a Working Visit to Japan
- » Belarus and Bulgaria to Share Information on Knowledge-based Developments
- » Diplomatic Scandal between Australia and Turkey
- » New Ambassador of Bulgaria Begins Diplomatic Mission in Ukraine