The President of the Macedonian Parliament Comes to Bulgaria to Vote on the Protocol
Macedonian Parliament Speaker Talat Xhaferi will attend the vote in the Bulgarian National Assembly on his country's NATO Accession Protocol, reported the Bulgarian National Television.
On 15 February, the Parliamentary Defense Committee approved the Protocol. Voting is expected to take place on Wednesday - 20 February.
"27 years ago, Bulgaria unconditionally acknowledged Macedonia, under its constitutional name and as an independent state, and Bulgaria and Turkey and Russia have also recognized its independence, and we are most responsible for stating that Northern Macedonia can count on our full support and assistance for its full accession to NATO, " said the Chairman of the Defense Committee, Konstantin Popov after ratification by the Defense Commission for the accession of northern Macedonia to NATO.
Macedonia's membership in the North Atlantic pact has been made possible by resolving the dispute over the name of the country and the final ratification of the Prespa Treaty by Greece.
Northern Macedonia became the 30th member of the Pact.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus