Bulgaria's Unemployment Rate For Q4 is 4.7%
Bulgaria’s unemployment rate dropped to 4.7% in the fourth quarter of 2018 from 5.6% in the same period 2017, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) said on Thursday, quoted by SeeNews.
Youth unemployment, covering persons in the age bracket 15-29 years, dropped to 7.4% in the period under review from 9.4% in the fourth quarter of 2017, NSI said in a quarterly labour force survey.
Long-term unemployment rate - covering people who have been without a job for more than a year - was 2.9%, or 95,700 people.
The employment rate among people aged 15 to 64 rose by 0.2 percentage points year-on-year to 67.7%.
The share of economically active people aged 15-64 fell by 0.5 pp to 71.1%.
There were 1.3 million economically inactive persons aged 15-64 in the fourth quarter, or 28.9% of the population in this age group. Of them 71,000, or 5.4%, were discouraged persons.
- » Australian Prison Activist Ends Hunger Strike in Bulgarian Jail
- » Bulgaria Opens a New Section of Struma Motorway after Blagoevgrad
- » Construction of "Europe" Motorway in Bulgaria has Began
- » Bulgarian Government Approves over BGN 21 Million for Children from Vulnerable Groups and for Training of Specialties
- » BDZ Will Provide Over 8,000 Additional Train Seats For The Holidays
- » Bulgaria Becomes an Owner of Properties in Budapest, Used by Its Embassy