296 Boxers From 39 Countries Participated in a Boxing Tournament in Bulgaria
The 70th edition of the Strandja International Boxing Tournament kicked off here in the Sofia hall on Thursday, reported xinhuanet.com
As many as 296 boxers from 39 countries and regions, including China, participate in the six-day competition.
The semifinals will be on Monday and the finals are scheduled for Tuesday.
"It is an honor for Bulgaria to organize the oldest international boxing tournament in Europe and one of the oldest in the world," Krasen Kralev, the country's Minister of Youth and Sports, said at the opening ceremony.
The reputation of Strandja has been steadily rising as the number of participants is increasing, Kralev said.
Krassimir Ininski, President of the Bulgarian Boxing Federation and Vice President of the Bulgarian Olympic Committee, said he was proud of the record participation of athletes and countries and regions from five continents.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play in Stockholm on October 14
- » Kubrat Pulev Is at the Top of Professional Boxing!
- » EU Volleyball Tournament: Bulgaria Triumphs over Portugal
- » Bulgarian FA Incensed by Southgate's Racism Claims
- » England 4-0 Bulgaria, Third Consecutive Defeat for Manager Balakov
- » Grigor Dimitrov Faces Daniil Medvedev in the Semifinals of the US Open