296 Boxers From 39 Countries Participated in a Boxing Tournament in Bulgaria
The 70th edition of the Strandja International Boxing Tournament kicked off here in the Sofia hall on Thursday, reported xinhuanet.com
As many as 296 boxers from 39 countries and regions, including China, participate in the six-day competition.
The semifinals will be on Monday and the finals are scheduled for Tuesday.
"It is an honor for Bulgaria to organize the oldest international boxing tournament in Europe and one of the oldest in the world," Krasen Kralev, the country's Minister of Youth and Sports, said at the opening ceremony.
The reputation of Strandja has been steadily rising as the number of participants is increasing, Kralev said.
Krassimir Ininski, President of the Bulgarian Boxing Federation and Vice President of the Bulgarian Olympic Committee, said he was proud of the record participation of athletes and countries and regions from five continents.
- » Ludogorets are Football Champions of Bulgaria and Win Eighth Consecutive Title
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost in the First Round in Geneva
- » Three-Time Formula 1 World Champion Niki Lauda has Died at the Age of 70
- » Police in Sofia with Extraordinary Measures due to the Football Derby between Levski and CSKA
- » Grigor Dimitrov Climbed One Place In The ATP World Rankings
- » Ivet Lalova Took First Place In The 200-Meter Race In Osaka