296 Boxers From 39 Countries Participated in a Boxing Tournament in Bulgaria
The 70th edition of the Strandja International Boxing Tournament kicked off here in the Sofia hall on Thursday, reported xinhuanet.com
As many as 296 boxers from 39 countries and regions, including China, participate in the six-day competition.
The semifinals will be on Monday and the finals are scheduled for Tuesday.
"It is an honor for Bulgaria to organize the oldest international boxing tournament in Europe and one of the oldest in the world," Krasen Kralev, the country's Minister of Youth and Sports, said at the opening ceremony.
The reputation of Strandja has been steadily rising as the number of participants is increasing, Kralev said.
Krassimir Ininski, President of the Bulgarian Boxing Federation and Vice President of the Bulgarian Olympic Committee, said he was proud of the record participation of athletes and countries and regions from five continents.
- » Bulgarian Katrin Taseva with Gold and Bronze of Grand Prix in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Daniel Asenov is European Boxing Champion for the Sixth Time
- » WORLD CHAMPION! Petar Stoychev is the Fastest in the World in Swimming in Icy Waters!
- » Petar Stoychev - 200 m Swimming Below Zero
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Ready to Return for the Masters Game in Miami
- » For the First time, Bulgarian Became the World Vice Champion in the Biathlon