Minister of Agriculture: The Wine Sector is One of the most Stable in Bulgaria
The wine sector is one of the most stable in Bulgaria, commented Agriculture Minister Rumen Porozhanov. In the "Byalata Prast" area near Svilengrad, together with the Director of the Executive Agency for Wine Krasimir Koev, he participated in the traditional ritual of triforing vineyards for Trifon Zarezan holiday.
"We have over 600 000 hectares of vineyards in Bulgaria, last year we have grown by about 14 000, not without the aid of the restructuring program, in which we have now started a new five-year period. with a budget of 133 million euros or nearly 27 million euros each year, and the new ones in these programs (the first receptions are spinning, they are finished) is that besides the restructuring of the vineyards, we have introduced the idea of the branch itself both insurances and investment opportunities, up to 600,000 euros , which is not a small one and makes it possible to make improvements in the cellars, including the replacement of barrels etc. ", pointed out Porozhanov.
"Last year the harvest was a little weaker, it was not easy, but we think we did well in a tough autumn, more than 60 million liters of wine exports, the markets are mainly China, Russia, the United States, and currently there are many business discussions in Romania. The annual consumption in Bulgaria is from 110 million to 120 million, of course, this is a statistic that includes domestically produced wine. In general, we have a very good branch, no matter what the institutions, regardless of who the minister is, that industry is always supported, yes, it stays stable on the market and we hope it will continue to be so " , said Minister Porozhanov.
- » Fitch Raised the Outlook for Bulgaria's Credit Rating
- » Almost 12 million Passengers Have Passed Through Bulgarian Airports in 2018
- » Canadian Velocity Minerals Became the Majority Owner of a Bulgarian Gold Extraction Project
- » Wizz Air - Best Low Cost Airlines For 2018 in the Central and Eastern Europe
- » Bulgarian Commission for Protection of Competition Allowed Businessman Domuschiev to Buy Nova Broadcasting Group
- » Bulgarian Companies Could Participate in the Construction of Infrastructure Projects in Saudi Arabia