Minister of Agriculture: The Wine Sector is One of the most Stable in Bulgaria
The wine sector is one of the most stable in Bulgaria, commented Agriculture Minister Rumen Porozhanov. In the "Byalata Prast" area near Svilengrad, together with the Director of the Executive Agency for Wine Krasimir Koev, he participated in the traditional ritual of triforing vineyards for Trifon Zarezan holiday.
"We have over 600 000 hectares of vineyards in Bulgaria, last year we have grown by about 14 000, not without the aid of the restructuring program, in which we have now started a new five-year period. with a budget of 133 million euros or nearly 27 million euros each year, and the new ones in these programs (the first receptions are spinning, they are finished) is that besides the restructuring of the vineyards, we have introduced the idea of the branch itself both insurances and investment opportunities, up to 600,000 euros , which is not a small one and makes it possible to make improvements in the cellars, including the replacement of barrels etc. ", pointed out Porozhanov.
"Last year the harvest was a little weaker, it was not easy, but we think we did well in a tough autumn, more than 60 million liters of wine exports, the markets are mainly China, Russia, the United States, and currently there are many business discussions in Romania. The annual consumption in Bulgaria is from 110 million to 120 million, of course, this is a statistic that includes domestically produced wine. In general, we have a very good branch, no matter what the institutions, regardless of who the minister is, that industry is always supported, yes, it stays stable on the market and we hope it will continue to be so " , said Minister Porozhanov.
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister and the Director-General of UNESCO Discussed Bilateral Co-operation
- » Sixense Group Organizes an International Workshop in Sofia
- » 90 Days Term to Apply for Participation in Selection for Belene NPP Investor
- » PM Boyko Borisov: Gas Interconnector between Bulgaria and Greece to Play Key Role for the Region and Europe
- » Bulgaria is Officially Seeking for an Investor for Belene Nuclear Power Plant
- » Owners of Small Photovoltaic Plants in Bulgaria Threaten with Civil Disobedience