The Mineral Bath in Bankya Opens in 2020
The Bankya Mineral Bath will be open next year and will function as a public spa center, said Yordanka Fandakova, mayor of Sofia.
The municipality has not yet decided whether to run the site alone or with the help of external management.
After 30 years of ruin, Bankya's emblem, the Royal Mineral Bath, quickly returns to its brilliance.
The building will be restored for BGN 8 million. The money is from a pension company, which in return gets the right to build a property near the bath.
In the place of the neglected summer theater in Bankya, a hotel will be built, which will have a warm connection with the restored bathroom, and the investor will be obliged to build a new open stage of the theater.
After 35 years the hotel will also become the property of the municipality.
The Central Mineral Bath in Sofia needs urgent repairs and the municipality can no longer postpone it. The building will become part of the Sofia Museum because it can not find an investor for a spa.
Yordanka Fandakova, Mayor of Sofia: There were investors from Italy. However, after careful consideration of the conditions, they did not compete the registration for participation.
- » The Shared Electric Scooters Also Come to Sofia
- » The Retainers on Grafa Boulevard Took Another Victim, her Husband Threw them on the Tram Track and Got Arrested
- » Payment of Аid to Bulgarian Farmers who Culled Domestic Pigs Begins after September 1
- » SANS and Bulgarian Police Investigate Bomb Threats Against Bulgarian Media and Airports
- » The Council of Ministers Allocated Nearly BGN 21 million For Educational Benefits
- » Digital Card Guides Volunteers in 'Let's Clean Bulgaria Together' Campaign