The Mineral Bath in Bankya Opens in 2020
The Bankya Mineral Bath will be open next year and will function as a public spa center, said Yordanka Fandakova, mayor of Sofia.
The municipality has not yet decided whether to run the site alone or with the help of external management.
After 30 years of ruin, Bankya's emblem, the Royal Mineral Bath, quickly returns to its brilliance.
The building will be restored for BGN 8 million. The money is from a pension company, which in return gets the right to build a property near the bath.
In the place of the neglected summer theater in Bankya, a hotel will be built, which will have a warm connection with the restored bathroom, and the investor will be obliged to build a new open stage of the theater.
After 35 years the hotel will also become the property of the municipality.
The Central Mineral Bath in Sofia needs urgent repairs and the municipality can no longer postpone it. The building will become part of the Sofia Museum because it can not find an investor for a spa.
Yordanka Fandakova, Mayor of Sofia: There were investors from Italy. However, after careful consideration of the conditions, they did not compete the registration for participation.
- » Bulgaria's Unemployment Rate For Q4 is 4.7%
- » Eurobarometer: Bulgarians Remain Optimistic About the Future of Europe
- » Prisons and Court Guards in Bulgaria Received Funding for 200 New Employees
- » Bulgaria Temporarily Suspends the Construction of the Gas Connection with Serbia
- » Bulgarian Ombudsman Organizes Free Medical Examinations For Socially Disadvantaged People
- » MPs Are Finally Voting on the Changes to the Electoral Code Today