Bulgarian Ministry of Agriculture Will Present The First Strategy For Digitalization of Agriculture
The Ministry of Agriculture will present the first strategy for the digitization of agriculture in Bulgaria, reported Econ.bg
By 2020, the European budget will allocate more than EUR 100 million to this end in the Community.
New digital technologies have the potential to make a revolution in agriculture, and this is needed because every year the farmers will be required to produce more and better and deal with factors such as climate change and global markets.
Experts report that there is a serious digital divide between rural areas, where only 40 per cent of households in the European Union have access to fast, broadband internet and urban areas where they have 76%.
By 2020, 9 out of 10 jobs, including agriculture, will require digital skills, and good farmer training is a way to ensure food security.
Bulgaria has for the first time developed a strategy for the digitization of agriculture and today it will become clear what is included in it and what funds are envisaged for its implementation in practice.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » How Pension Payments Will Change for 150,000 Bulgarians
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warmer Spell, Sunny in Most Regions
- » Director General of Bulgarian Red Cross to Chair Coordination Council in Charge of Vaccination
- » Bulgaria Adopted National Pandemic Preparedness Plan
- » Bulgarian Lawmakers Discuss President’s Veto on VAT Act
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Day Temperatures Fall to -11°C in Sofia