Burgas University Hospital Launched a Blood Donation Campaign
With the project "You've never did this" The University Hospital in Burgas challenges the graduates from the city to donate blood before their prom. Thus, young people can save many lives. This was reported by the Bulgarian National Television.
Many young people have no attitude to blood donation.
Each drop of donated blood is valuable to the Burgas hospital, because during the summer season, the medical establishment is very often without blood stores because of the large number of patients on the South Black Sea coast. Therefore, the project's objectives are to promote voluntary and unpaid blood donation among the youngest inhabitants of the region.
Dr. Svetozar Georgiev - Deputy Director director of the hospital: They have to be convinced that this is not so scary to donate blood, but it is a noble work, because with their blood they save human life in a practical and direct way.
The most active schools involved in the blood donation project will be awarded at a special ceremony on June 14 - World Blood Donor Day.
- » Bulgaria Will Finance Lung Transplants in Non-EU Countries
- » New York Banned Flavoured E-Cigarettes
- » The Air in the Classrooms in Bulgaria - Dangerous for the Children’s Health
- » Bulgarian Women Had over 5,300 Abortions in just Three Months
- » The Early Start of School Classes Affects the Psyche of Children
- » Pizza for Breakfast - Better than Cereal?