About 670,000 Tons of Food Are Disposed of by Bulgarians Every Year
In Bulgaria, nearly 670,000 tons of food goes to the trash every year. The reason - households buy more than they can consume.
Administrative procedures make it difficult for manufacturers and shops to donate food with a low shelf-life. Bulgarians do not fully understand the labels on food labels, a study by the European Commission shows. This is one of the reasons for the high amount of food waste. People do not make a difference between the "use before" and "best to" labels.
- » It will be mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Isolated Showers and Thunder Possible
- » Vaccine For HIV Will be Tested on Humans
- » Police Officers Are Searching Apartments of Islamic Extremists due to Suspicions of Possible Plans for an Attack
- » A New Railway Line Will Connect Istanbul with Bulgaria
- » President Rumen Radev Will Open the Fair in Rozhen
- » Atanas Skatov Climbed his Ninth Eight-Thousander and Is Looking Forward to the "Crown of the Himalaya"