Hungary will Continue to Support Bulgaria for its Membership in Schengen
The Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Hungary Peter Szijjarto praised the Bulgarian-Hungarian relations by focusing on the political and economic ties between the two countries, the press center of the Council of Ministers announced.
At a joint press conference after meeting with Deputy Prime Minister Mariana Nikolova, he confirmed the position of Hungary and said his country unconditionally supports Bulgaria for its Schengen membership.
"We will continue to provide technical assistance for the protection of the borders of Bulgaria, which are outside the European Union," Szijjarto said and stressed that our country is doing very well in protecting the external borders of the community.
Deputy Prime Minister Mariana Nikolova pointed out that Bulgaria appreciates the expressed support and added that Hungary is an important partner of our country in the European Union, with similar positions on important topics such as the European perspective of the Western Balkans and the cohesion policy.
"Our bilateral relations can be determined by a key word - friendship, which is related to intensive dialogue at all levels, as well as interaction on a wide range of bilateral and European and international agenda issues," said the Bulgarian Deputy Prime Minister.
Mariana Nikolova is on a two-day visit to Budapest at the invitation of the Hungarian government. The exchange of good practices and experience in implementing policies to tackle the demographic crisis, foster births and integration of the Roma community are the focus of her visit. Later today, she will meet with her Hungarian counterpart, Deputy Prime Minister Zolt Shemen.
- » Herro Mustafa is the New Ambassador of the United States to Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov Talked with the UN Secretary-General
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister Participates in the Council for Foreign Affairs
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister Will Participate in the Council for Foreign Affairs and the General Affairs Council in Luxembourg
- » Information Days for Bulgarian Citizens in Cyprus
- » Foreign Minister: We will Establish Regular Contact between the Diplomats of Bulgaria and UAE