Cases of Violence Against Doctors in Bulgaria Are Growing
There is a growing number of cases of violence against doctors, reported NOVA TV.
There is a growing number of cases of violence against doctors. This is reported by the Association of Healthcare Professionals.
According to data from the Ministry of Health for the period 2015-2017 cases of assault on medics were 100. The staff insist on taking emergency measures such as night guard during the on-call duty and personal panic buttons for all medics. In addition, doctors insist that, in addition to monetary fines, lesser punishments should be made for socially useful work.
"98% of the medics we have interviewed have been victims of physical or verbal abuse. The tendency is that violence against medics grows, "explained Maria Petrova, lawyer for medical law.
The most common victims of aggression are the medics from the emergency centers, as well as the nurses. However, it turns out that very few of them seek their rights in court.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covild-19: Indian Variant Found In Bulgaria Likely to Remain Isolated Case
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 110 New Cases
- » UU Health Commissioner Meets with Bulgarian Caretaker Minister of Health, Talks EU Covid Certificate
- » First Case of Indian Coronavirus Variant Detected in Bulgaria
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 95 Newly Infected, 25 Fatalities
- » Bulgaria: No More Masks in Small Work Teams – Caretaker Health Minister