Cases of Violence Against Doctors in Bulgaria Are Growing
There is a growing number of cases of violence against doctors, reported NOVA TV.
There is a growing number of cases of violence against doctors. This is reported by the Association of Healthcare Professionals.
According to data from the Ministry of Health for the period 2015-2017 cases of assault on medics were 100. The staff insist on taking emergency measures such as night guard during the on-call duty and personal panic buttons for all medics. In addition, doctors insist that, in addition to monetary fines, lesser punishments should be made for socially useful work.
"98% of the medics we have interviewed have been victims of physical or verbal abuse. The tendency is that violence against medics grows, "explained Maria Petrova, lawyer for medical law.
The most common victims of aggression are the medics from the emergency centers, as well as the nurses. However, it turns out that very few of them seek their rights in court.
- » Free Breast Cancer Examinations
- » There Are still Radioactively Contaminated Fungi more than 30 Years after Chernobyl
- » AirBG Platform: Nitrogen Dioxide Levels in Sofia Are 2 Times Above the Norm
- » We Are Celebrating World Mental Health Day
- » In Five Years, Every Second Person Is Expected to Be Overweight
- » The Bulgarian State Standard (BDS) Won't Be Mandatory in Child Nutrition