How Much Will Cost to Buy a Ticket to Mars?
It's time to start chucking some cash into your Mars vacation fund. SpaceX'sinterplanetary Starship hasn't even left Earth yet, but Elon Musk is already speculating about the price of a ticket to Mars, writes cnet.com.
In a tweet on Sunday, Musk said he's confident that moving to Mars will one day cost less than $500,000 (£390,000, AU$710,00), though that price tag is "very dependent on volume."
Musk thinks the ticket price could eventually dip below $100,000, cheap enough that "most people in advanced economies could sell their home on Earth and move to Mars if they want."
A half-million bucks sounds like a lot of money, but compare that to the over $200,000 price to experience weightlessness on a Virgin Galactic flight or $9.5 million for a vacation on a.
One of the most important tidbits in Musk's tweet is that the return ticket will be free. If you move to Mars and decide you don't like the potatoes, you can head on back to Earth.
SpaceX's stainless steel Starship is under development. The company built ato test takeoffs and landings and is also that will power it.
Prior to taking a shot at Mars, SpaceX plans toin 2023 with tourists on board.
his chances of moving to Mars at 70 percent. He's been on Twitter, so it's no surprise he might want to take his cosmic crush to the next level.
- » Eurostat: Bulgaria Has the Highest Mortality Rate in the EU
- » Broken Clouds in the Morning, Rain Showers in Southern Bulgaria
- » The Repair and Restoration of the Miniral Bath in Bankya Will Cost BGN 8 mln
- » A Serious Train Crash with Victims and Injured People Occurred in France
- » The Health Insurance Contribution Remains 8%, however, Bulgarians Will Have to be Additionally Insured with a Health Insurance Fund.
- » 4.7 Magnitude Earthquake on the Richter Scale Was Registered in Greece