The Total Consumer Confidence Indicator Increases by 1.9% For January 2019
In January 2019, the total consumer confidence indicator increases by 1.9 percentage points compared to its October 2018 level as for the urban population the increase is 1.0 percentage point and for the rural population - 2.9 percentage points. This was reported by the National Statistical Institute (NSI).
According to the consumers’ assessments, there is certain positive change in the general economic situation in the country over the last 12 months. The expectations of living in the villages also are that positive tendency will continue over the next 12 months, as opposed the urban population are slightly more negative than they were 3 months ago.
As regards the unemployment in the country over the next 12 months, the expectations are that it will remain approximately to its October 2018 level. Concerning the changes in the financial situation of the households over the last 12 months, the consumers’ assessments are more reserved compared to the previous survey, while their expectations about the next 12 months are improved.
The assessments about the change of the consumer prices over the last 12 months are more unfavourable (the balance indicator increases by 4.4 percentage points). However, the inflation expectations over the next 12 months are less intense. In January, the inquiry registers certain improvement in the consumers’ intentions to make expenditures for major purchases of durable goods ‘buying a car’, ‘buying or building a home (villa)’ and ‘home improvements’ over the next 12 months.
- » Bulgaria's Unemployment Rate For Q4 is 4.7%
- » Eurobarometer: Bulgarians Remain Optimistic About the Future of Europe
- » Prisons and Court Guards in Bulgaria Received Funding for 200 New Employees
- » Bulgaria Temporarily Suspends the Construction of the Gas Connection with Serbia
- » Bulgarian Ombudsman Organizes Free Medical Examinations For Socially Disadvantaged People
- » MPs Are Finally Voting on the Changes to the Electoral Code Today