Bulgarian Authorities Shut Down 15 Websites Selling Fake Goods
Bulgarian authorities have shut down 15 websites selling fake goods with logos of world famous brands and arrested two suspects, the Ministry of Interior said in a statement on Monday.
During the operation, which was conducted on Thursday in the city of Varna on the Black Sea coast, the authorities searched five addresses and seized computers, large amounts of money, over 9,500 men's and women's perfumes of 30 leading world brands, some 300 pairs of sneakers, and over 600 pairs of sunglasses, the statement said.
One of the suspects was detained in an office of a courier company when he was trying to send 117 shipments purchased through these websites, it said.
The evidence gathered so far indicated that the 15 websites were aimed at customers in Bulgaria, Greece and Romania.
One of the websites had over 43,000 registered users and made up more than 25,000 perfume sales, the statement said.
- » 383 kg of Drugs Seized by Bulgarian Customs have been Burned
- » Interpol Saved 50 Children from a Pedophile Ring
- » Five illegal Migrants Caught Attempting to Cross the Danube
- » Man Shot his Ex-Wife in Shumen
- » 29 Guest Houses in Kyustendil Area Inspected by Economic Police
- » Five Bulgarian Doctors are Accused of Draining over BGN 120,000 from the NHIF