500 Bulgarian Schools will be Modernised with BGN 700 Million
BGN 700 million has been allocated for the modernization of 500 Bulgarian schools during this school year, the Chair of GERB parliamentary group and the vice-president of the party Tsvetan Tsvetanov said o 11th of February in Veliko turnovo, where he opened the civil dialogue "Europe in Our Home", reports BNT.
One of the main purposes of the initiative was to show what commitments were fulfilled by the government during the first two years of the term in office, with emphasis on education.
Tsvetanov said that more than 30,000 children were returned to the classrooms on the basis of the mechanism developed by the Ministry of Education and Training for children and students.
In his words, decent wages to teachers is key to the development of education in Bulgaria and the government has committed to the increase of the teacher's wages by the end of the term of office in 2021. The envisaged investments for this are in the range of over one billion and 300 million BGN.
- » UNWE Announced it is under Threat of Bankruptcy
- » EU Commissioner Mariya Gabriel to Hold Discussions in Schools on Online Safety and Cyber Security
- » Fifty Top Companies and over 10,000 Students will Participate in this Year's Careers UNWE 2019 Forum
- » 53,000 Bulgarian High School Seniors Go to State Exams at the End of May
- » Over BGN 13 million Additional Funding Approved for Bulgarian Teachers' Transport Costs
- » The Bulgarian Ministry of Education Does not Plan Compulsory Math Test for the State Exams